While using MacOS 9, I cannot save a Chem3D or a Table Editor document in the latest format. I can only save in the older Chem3D 3.2 format or in the stationary format.
This is a MacOS 9 specific bug. Since Chem3D/Table Editor 5.0 were released well before MacOS 9, it is apparently not fully compatible in this regard. There are currently two options to resolve this problem:
1. We have made an untested patch available on our ftp site at:
Download this file. After it downloads, decodes and unstuffs, you should be left with a folder called "Archive Folder" on your desktop. Drag the contents of this folder to the Shared Libraries folder found in your ChemOffice Folder, replacing the old files that exist. We have not fully tested this solution, but are not aware of any problems. Use this solution at your own risk.
2. If you are at all concerned about using the untested solution listed above, you can instead do the following when using Chem3D:
- Save As "Chem3D Stationery".
- Close the document you just saved. (Click Don't Save when prompted.)
- Click once on the icon for the file you just saved.
- Go to the File menu and choose Get Info and then General Information.
- In the dialog box that opens turn off the stationery pad flag at the bottom right of the dialog box (uncheck this option).
- Close this Info dialog box.
This solution also applies to the Table Editor.