Product: ChemBioOffice Enterprise
When I use Invloader to register compounds in plates, sometimes the structures are deleted from the registered compounds. ChemOffice WebServer 8.0 SR2
At CambridgeSoft we have discovered an issue with the Chemical Registration system. There is a flaw in the way ChemReg processes the loading and registration of new compounds where the structure of a previously registered compound is incorrectly 'rolled back' to null when a duplicate compound is added as a new batch.
Who is Affected?
The Disappearing Structures issue is only a problem if all of the following criteria are true on your system:
1) You are using ChemOffice WebServer's ChemReg version 8.0 SR2.
2) You are registering compounds from plates using the InvLoader utility included with SR2 of Chemical Inventory.
3) There are compounds in the plates that are duplicates of previously registered molecules.
4) You are creating new batches in existing reg numbers for these duplicates.
5) You assign a salt_id or a notebook_id that does not exist in chemreg to the new batch.
Severity of the Problem:
It is difficult to repeat the environment outlined above, but the consequences of encountering the problem are dire, structures are lost from the chemical registration database.
CambridgeSoft recommends that anybody who uses the Invloader plate utility apply the patch described below.
Applying the Patch:
1) Using internet explorer or any ftp client go to: ftp://ftp.camsoft.com/support/outgoing/Dis_Str_Patch
2) Copy the 62kb file to your local machine and unzip it to the app_vbs.asp file.
3) Go to the ChemOffice Webserver IIS machine to the (drive)\inetpub\wwwroot\chemoffice\chem_reg\source directory. Find the app_vbs.asp file and rename it to app_vbs.asp.old.
4) Copy the new app_vbs.asp file into the 'source' directory.
5) From a command prompt or the start bar 'Run' menu type 'iisreset'
Congratulations, your ChemReg instance is now protected from loss of data from the 'Disappearing Structures' issue.
Please do not hesitate to contact Enterprise support at mailto:email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about the installation of the Disappearing Structures patch.