Product: ChemBioOffice Enterprise
Why does BioAssay HTS fail when I import a ChemFinder Database into plates using the default physical plate type 384-well plate?
If your ChemFinder file contains plate coordinates using an alphanumeric designator such as "A-1", you will see above behavior. The default 384 well physical plate type uses numbers to denote both rows and columns. A new physical plate type must be defined to allow letters to denote rows and numbers to denote columns.
To do this:
- Go to Settings > Plate Setup > Physical Plate Types.
- Click Edit.
- Click Add to create a new physical plate type.
A new row appears.
the new row, enter (from
left to right):
- Name: 384 Well Plate (Lettered)
- Well Capacity: <Capacity of your choice>
- Units: <units of your choice>
- Supplier: <Supplier of your choice>
- Pre-barcoded?: <Pre-barcoded of your choice>
- Row Count: 16
- Column Count: 24
- Row Prefix: <blank>
- Column Prefix: <blank>
- Letter Rows?: Yes
- Letter Columns?: No
- Number First: Row
- Go to Settings > Plate Setup > Plate Formats and add a new plate format called 384 Well Plate Format using the "384 Well Plate (Lettered)" physical plate type. (You may have to close and reopen the Plate Formats view using the X at top right to see the new plate format).