Product: ChemBioOffice Enterprise
How do I perform an auto logon after rebooting my server?
Enabling auto logon after rebbot involves changing four entities in the Windows registry of your server. Only the entries mentioned should be changed. Changing some entries can keep software on your system from functioning properly.
To enable auto logon:
- Open the Windows registry editor:
- Go to START>Run
- Enter 'regedit' without the quotation marks into the textbox and click OK.
- Expand the following entry:
- Set the following entries in Winlogon (by
double clicking the entry and settignt the value):
- DefaultDomainName - the name of the domain you want to automatically log into.
- DefaultUserName - the user account you want to use when logging on
- AutoAdminLogon - set to 1
- Create a new REG_SZ entry in
Winlogon called DefaultPassword
- Right click in the left frame and select New>String Value .
- Enter DefaultPassword as the name.
- Double click on the new entry (now called Default Password) and enter the password for the username set in DefaultUserName as the value of the entry.
If this entry is either not created, or not given a value, the AutoAdmin entry value will be set back to 0 and automatic logon will not take place.
During your next reboot, Windows will automatically logon the user specified above. If you want to logon as a different user, during reboot, hold down the shift key while loggin off and the standard logon dialog will appear during logon.