Product: ChemBioOffice Enterprise
Why does my ChemOffice WebServer installation on Windows NT periodically crash?
It is recommended that an NT Server running ChemOffice WebServer be rebooted often (preferably once a day).
To Schedule an automatic reboot:
1. Make sure that the NT schedule service is running
Start/Control Panel/Services/Schedule/Start Up/Automatic
2. Place Microsoft's Shutdown.exe utility under /Winnt/System32 folder
3. From a command prompt issue the AT command to Schedule a reboot
The following command will set up a daily reboot at 5AM
AT 05:01 /every:M,T,W,Th,F,S,Su c:\winnt\system32\shutdown.exe /R
4. Verify that the Job has been scheduled by issuing the AT command by itself
5. Make sure that the machine will reboot unattended (ie. no Bios Errors, passwords, or other problems requiring user input)
For more information on the AT or Shutdown.exe syntax:
Warning: Executing the shutdown.exe program will immediately shutdown you computer!