When I try to activate ChemDraw, it causes the error: “Activation failed with error code: -7"?
The error below suggests there is an issue with permissions on the folder 'PerkinElmerInformatics' located at the following location of Windows 10 operating system:
Please follow the steps below to provide the full control permission to this folder.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\PerkinElmerInformatics.
- Right click on PerkinElmerInformatics folder.
- Go to Properties - Security.
- Click on Edit and check 'Full Control'.
- Click on Apply - Ok.
- Try activating ChemDraw now. Run ChemDraw using right-click and “Run as Administrator”.
Note: Program Data folder is hidden on Windows 10 machine by default. To unhide, navigate to File Explorer - C Drive - View menu - check Hidden Items box.
For further assistance on this issue, contact PerkinElmer support at: PerkinElmer Informatics Support