When installing ChemOffice Professional 15.1 or any other PerkinElmer product a message indicates “The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact Support”
This is a pretty generic error that pops up every now and again when trying to install a package. It generally occurs when the product or a previous version has been installed prior, and has left duff information in the registry.
In order to complete the installation of ChemOffice Professional, please follow these steps:
1. Click Start > Search and type “RegEdit”.
2. Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator
3. Go to HKLM\Software\Classes\Installer\Products\
4. Each product will have a long ID that may look something like:
You need to find the key that relates to ChemOffice 15.1 or any of the components installed in the process.
5. Rather than delete the key, I’d recommend renaming the long GUID – add -“old”.
6. Restart and install the software again.