During the installation, I receive " Run-time error ‘339’: Component ‘MSCOMCTL.OCX’ or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid " warning message and not able to install the product on my Windows 10 machine. What can I do to fix this problem?
Please try the following steps as workaround
1. Move the downloaded installer (cos_version_number.exe) to your Desktop and create a new folder on your Desktop with the name COS
2. Right click the installer (cos_version_number.exe) and select “Run as Administrator” from the context menu.
3. The wizard ask you to point the folder where you need to place the extracted installer, click the browse button and point the COS folder and click the OK button.
4. After extraction close the wizard and browse to the folder and locate the “MSCOMCTL.OCX” file location, copy/paste the file in the following location.
5. Right click on the Start then select Command Prompt (Admin) or right click search for cmd then select "Command Prompt" from the search hit right click and select Run As Administrator , you need to allow the program by clicking the Yes button in the "User Account Control" dialog box
6. At the command prompt, type Regsvr32 and a space.
7. Type the full path of the MSCOMCTL.OCX file in this command line after regsvr32.
eg: regsvr32 “C:\Windows\System32\MSCOMCTL.OCX”
8. Press ENTER key.
9. Quit the command prompt.
Then try the installation
If you still run in to any problem, then open the COS folder present in your Desktop and browse to the \PerkinElmer\ChemOffice folder and run the following installers one by one manually.
After completing the installation browse to \PerkinElmer\ChemScript folder and run the following installer
PerkinElmer_ChemScript_....msi (if you have 32 bit MS Office)
PerkinElmer_ChemScript_..._x64.msi(if you have 64 bit MS Office)
Then Launch ChemDraw as an Administrator on your Windows machine
Click the Windows Start button then Browse to ChemDraw (present under ChemOffice 20xx), select and then right click then click on the More and then select the "Run as Administrator" ]
It will open the "PerkinElmer Software Activation" window (otherwise select "Activate ChemDraw...." from the Help menu)
Enter your Name, email account and copy/paste the activation code in the activation code text box
Then click the "Activate" button