While trying to install/actvate ChemDraw, I got Run-time error: 339 Componet”RICHTX32.OCX” or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. How can I fix this?
Please do a search for "'Richtx32.ocx" on your computer
It is normally found in the Windows\System32 (or WinNT\System32 depending on your version of Windows) folder. If you find it, you can re-register the files by going to the Start menu, choosing Run and typing:
regsvr32 "path_to\Richtx32.ocx” - (where path_to is the actual path to this file)
Click OK..After reregistering the ocx file, retest the problem.
If you don’t have 'Richtx32.ocx’ file on your machine; you can download the compatible file from the web.
ALTERNATIVELY, YOU CAN TRY THE FOLLOWING.
1. Double click the installer it will open the Installation Wizard Open screen
2. Select the “Explore this Disk” it will open the extracted file location
3. Locate the “Richtx32.ocx” file location, now go to Start menu > Accessories > Command Prompt.
4. Right-click on Command Prompt and select “Run as administrator”.
5. At the command prompt, type Regsvr32 and a space.
6. Type the full path of the RICHTX32.OCX file in this command line after regsvr32.
Say: regsvr32 C:\Users\...............\Installers\RICHTX32.OCX.
7. Press ENTER key.
8. Quit the command prompt.
9. Try to install the product