I have just installed ChemBio office 2010 and have been trying to use Chemdraw 12.0 in Excel. However despite Chemdrawexcel12 being ticked in the "add ins" I can not access any Chemdraw functionality. Is their any fix for this?
Have a look at the ‘disabled items’ in Excel. You can find the same by the following way:
- Launch Excel 2007 / 2010 and click the Microsoft Office Button.
- Now click the Excel Options button, it will open the categories pane, click on Add-ins.
- In the details pane, locate the add-in in the Disabled Application Add-ins list.
- In the Manage box, click Disabled Items (select “Disabled Items” from the drop down list for “Manage” in the Excel Option dialog box), and then click Go.
- Select the add-in and click Enable and click the Close button.
The Name column specifies the name of the assembly, and the Location column specifies the full path of the application manifest.
[To re-enable an add-in that has been hard disabled by Excel 2003, please try the following.
- Launch Excel 2003
- Go to the Help menu and select “About Microsoft Excel”, it will open the “About Microsoft Excel” dialog box.
- Click the “Disabled Items” button on the “About Microsoft Excel” dialog box.
- Now check the “Disabled Items” dialog box. If you have ChemDraw for Excel addin is listed in that select and click the “Enable” button and retest the problem]