It would be nice to be able to "stretch" the TLC dots to make them oval-shaped instead of circular, and grey instead of black. These features would enable the user to create something closer to reality.
See Chapter 5 "The TLC Tool" in the ChemDraw manual.
To change the style or
color of a spot:
1. Right-click or Controlclick on a spot.
2. Choose the style or color.
NOTE: To change the style for all spots, Right-click or Control-click in the plate and choose the style from the TLC Spots submenu.
To enlarge or “smear”
Shift+drag the spot. When you position the cursor on a spot and press “Shift”, the cursor assumes one of three shapes, depending on how it is positioned:
1. Cross arrows –used to enlarge a spot.
2. Horizontal arrow – used to widen a spot.
3. Vertical arrow – used to elongate a spot.
NOTE: You may want to zoom in to make positioning easier.