How do I install MestReC?
It depends on what you have. First, MestReC only comes with ChemOffice Ultra and Pro and ChemDraw Ultra suites. If you have a cd-rom version, you can install it buy going to the "Additional Software" section on the cd-rom start up screen. If you have a download copy of one of these three products, you will need to use the following procedure to obtain the MestReC installer:
- Launch WinZip
- File -> open archive
- Browse to the folder with the .exe downloaded from the CambridgeSoft
- From the 'files of type' dropdown select 'Archives, encoded, and .exe files'
- Select cou100.exe, cdu100.exe or cop100.exe (Only these will have MestreC)
- Click on the 'name' column to sort by name
- Scroll down to the 'setup.exe' files and select the one that has a path of 'MestReC/'
- From the 'actions' menu select 'Extract...'
- Browse to a location on your hard drive to extract the installer to.
- Close WinZip, browse to the 'setup.exe' location selected in step 9 and run the installer
Also note that MestReC is not present on the current ChemBioNews DVD. MestReC also requires that you go to their web site to obtain a serial number to install their software.