Product: E-Notebook Enterprise
I want to delete a section from experiment, but when I try to right-click on the section for "Delete" command, E-Notebook is throwing errors. How should I proceed?
You can try the following steps:
1. Export the affected experiment to an XML file by right-clicking on it for "Export..." command.
2. Open the XML file, e.g. in a text editor like Notepad.
3. Remove the content of your affected section. For example, if the section to be removed is "Section XYZ", delete the text between <section name="Section XYZ"> opening tag and the next </section> closing tag.
4. Search for 'sectionSetView sectionCount' parameter in the beginning of the XML file, and descrease its value by 1.
5. Save the new XML file. The resulting XML should have all the content from your original experiment minus the deleted section.
6. Import the new XML into E-Notebook by right-clicking on a notebook for "Import..." command. It will create a duplicate of the original experiment without the section which was removed.
7. The original experiment can either be deleted (after confirming that the duplicate works fine), or left alone with a note to look for the duplicate experiment instead.