Product: E-Notebook Enterprise
User is unable to log into ELN. Here's the error message:
Sorry, an error occurred while connecting to the central database (while initializing global variables: Object already exists.). Do you want to work offline?
Here's a possible workaround. Please try steps 1 to 4 first. If it doesn't work then try steps 5 to 10.
1. From the user's computer browse to C:\Documents and Settings\*username*\Local Settings\Apps\2.0
2. Search for “enclientconfig”: Result: enclientconfig.xml
3. Open the file to edit it, and delete the line: false
4. Save changes to the file and start ELN client.
5. Download Process Monitor utility from www.sysinternals.com. Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity (more info on their website).
6. Launch the Process Monitor program (it`s a standalone exe file), and do a filter for `RSA` (if using `path` as filter), or for ´ENContainer.exe´ (if done by `Proccess name`).
7. On the results look for key in the `C:\Documents and Settings\*username*\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA`that the ´ENContainer.exe´ creates. (If for a reason the key does not appear on the filter, try trying to login again into ELN, and if still no results, erase the ELN Offline folder)
8. Browse to the location of that particular key and delete it (to the Recycle bin, as precaution)
9. Close Process Monitor.
10. Login into ELN, the error message should no longer appear