Product: E-Notebook Enterprise
Disabling E-Notebook Users
New Page 2
E-Notebook does not allow deleting
any Notebook users after their account has been used.
How to disable the access of
electronic lab notebook users who are no longer with organization or in a
different role and how to retain their "account" in the system as there is
content associated with their name?
To disable the access for existing E-Notebook 9.x users, you have to edit the E-Notebook configuration to add two new states to the "User" object type.
For doing this, you need to connect to your E-Notebook as a user with Admin privileges and navigate to the general "Configuration" folder. Then please follow this description:
* Go to "Configuration > Collection Types > User"
* Right-click to open up the "Collection Type Configuration"
* Right-click on "States" and select "New State". Name this state "Active".
* Repeat the previous step to create a new state named "Inactive". Set the "Inactive State Change and Annotation Rules" for existing Sections and for newly created sections to "Read-only"
* Open up the "Active state" > Transition Types and right click on "Transition Types" to create a new transition type.
* Select "inactive" as it is target state. Rename the transition to "Deactivate". Leave the checkbox "Permit Owner to Perform This Type of Transition" to "selected".
* Close the dialog.
Now, when you right-click on an existing user in the collection tree as an Administrator user, you will see a new "Deactivate" transition in the context menu. After selecting this option for an existing user, the user symbol shows a little lock.
When the "deactivated" user tries to log into ELN, he/she will receive an error message "Sorry, the state of the user "<username>" does not permit logging in. Please contact your system administrator."