Product: E-Notebook Enterprise
Access is denied when trying to login to E-Notebook
When trying to login to E-Notebook 184.108.40.206, the error message appears:
"Sorry, an error occurred while opening a client connection while setting up connection to central database: Server was unable to process request. Access is denied."
Permissions of the folders
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys"
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files"
are checked fine.
On the webserver, the test of invoking the service "GetPublicKey" at "http://<servername>/enservice/enservice.asmx" also gives "...CryptograhicException: Access is denied" error message.
For the middle tier under Windows Server 2003:
1. Identify the user who owns the application pool for ENService. This is in the Internet Information Services Manager under Internet Information Services/(local computer)/Application Pools/ENService
2. Choose Properties
3. Click the Identity Tab
4. Note the security account for this application pool. Typically this is predefined as LOCAL SERVICE.
5. Close Properties window.
6. Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys
7. Display Properties for MachineKeys folder.
8. Click Directory Security Tab
9. Make sure that the pre-defined user (see step 1) has full control over these keys.