Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
When using Scheduled Updates in TIBCO Spotfire Web Player, the first day of the week in the visualization is always showing as 'Sunday' irrespective of the browser/regional setting
In the Web Player, if an analysis file is present in Scheduled Updates then starting day of the week(X-axis=<DayOfWeek([Date_Column])>) is always showing as 'Sunday' irrespective of the regional setting of the node manager (NM) machine or the machine from where the analysis file is opened. Below is the reference image:
To set the start day as per the locale/regional setting of the users browser culture, do the following:
1) Launch a command prompt as Administrator and navigate to the "<Spotfire Server install location>\tibco\tss\<version 7.5.0 or later>\tomcat\spotfire-bin" folder. Export the configuration.
Note: For versions before Spotfire 10.3, instead of the 'spotfire-bin' folder mentioned above, use the 'bin' folder.
Example: config export-service-config --capability=WEB_PLAYER --deployment-area=Production
Note: The above command will export the default configuration. To export the currently used configuration (if not using the default config), use the below command:
config export-service-config --config-name="YourConfigname"
For more information on how to export a configuration, please refer to export-service-config (TIBCO Spotfire Server Installation and Administration manual)
2) Open the 'Spotfire.Dxp.Worker.Host.exe.config' file in a text editor. This file is located within the "<Spotfire Server install location>\tibco\tss\<version 7.5.0 or later>\tomcat\spotfire-bin\config\root"
Add the below setting in the <Spotfire.Dxp.Data.Properties.Settings> section:
<setting name="DataView_RefreshForLocaleChanges" serializeAs="String"> <value>True</value> </setting>
3) Save the changes in 'Spotfire.Dxp.Worker.Host.exe.config' file.
4) Import the configuration.
Example: config import-service-config --config-name="New_Changes"
5) Edit the Web Player service to use the newly imported configuration in the Spotfire server web interface.
- export-service-config (TIBCO Spotfire Server 10.10 - Installation and Administration manual)