Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to configure the memory used by the Ignite process in TIBCO Spotfire Server 10.9 and higher
Clustering is implemented using Apache Ignite. Apache Ignite clustering requires no manual configuration. It provides TLS version 1.2 for communication and a fast clustering solution. In addition, it looks for specific nodes by using their IP address, rather than discovering any node that communicates using multicasting.
Spotfire Server uses Apache Ignite for server clustering and distributed cache.
Prior to 10.9 Apache Ignite was embedded into the Spotfire Server. To increase the robustness Apache Ignite now runs as stand alone process.
This configuration significantly increases the system stability.
As before, the Apache Ignite processes form a cluster. Now, each Spotfire Server process connects to the Ignite cluster as a client. To simplify deployment, configuration and administration, the separate Ignite process is managed by the Spotfire Server process.
By default Ignite is configured to use 512 MB of memory. There may be scenarios where the memory assigned to the Ignite process falls short (depending on the load) and there is need to increase it.
- "OutOfMemoryError" errors can be seen in the "ignite.server.log".
- If required, the values ( --max-memory and --min-memory) can be customized using the "config-external-ignite-process" command. 1. Export the Spotfire Server configuration using the "export-config" command.
2. Run the command "C:\tibco\tss\10.10.0\tomcat\spotfire-bin>config config-external-ignite-process --max-memory=1024M --min-memory=1024M"
3. Import the configuration using the "import-config" command.
In the example above, the min-memory and max-memory is doubled to 1024 MB.
If the values are changed using the "config-external-ignite-process" command to anything than the default value, the below tag is added to the configuration.
By default Ignite is configured to use 512 MB of memory. These values are not visible in the Spotfire Server configuration "configuration.xml" when exported.
- config-external-ignite-process (TIBCO Spotfire Server 10.10 Installation and Administration manual)
- Executing commands on the command line (TIBCO Spotfire Server 10.10 Installation and Administration manual)