Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to enable Python Service capability on Node Manager in Spotfire version 10.10
Each Windows node can have services with the Spotfire Web Player, Automation Services, and TERR Service capabilities. Starting from TIBCO Spotfire 10.10 version, a new capability has been introduced i.e. Python Service.
Note: For Linux nodes, only the TERR & Python Service capability is currently available.
This article will explain in detail how to enable Python Service capability on the Node Manager in TIBCO Spotfire Server. To add Python Service capability on Node Manager, follow the below steps:
- Login to our TIBCO Product Download site (https://edelivery.tibco.com/storefront/index.ep).
- Search for Product "TIBCO Spotfire Statistics Services" in the search box.
- Select Version as 10.x.x
Note: Where 10.x.x indicates version 10.10.0 and higher.
- Select the Operating System as Windows.
- Select Checkbox for "I have read and accepted the TIBCO End User License Agreement ("EULA")."
- Under the Installation Method, select the "Individual file download" option.
- Under 'Select an Individual component' expand component-> "TIBCO Spotfire Service for Python Software (v 1.x.x)"
- Click on file "TIB_sf-pysrv_1.x.x_win_x86_64.zip (v 1.x.x)" to download it.
Note: Here 1.x.x indicates version 1.0.0 and higher.
- Once you download above TIB_sf-pysrv_1.0.0_win_x86_64.zip file, unzip this file.
- Under this unzip folder, you will find Python service related SDN file: Spotfire.Dxp.PythonServiceWindows.sdn
- Now you need to deploy this .sdn file under Deployment & Packages section on the Spotfire Server instance's Administration console.
- After deployment of this file, you will now have Python capability enabled while creating a new service under Node Manager.
Note: If you want to create Python Service on a Linux Node, you need to download and deploy the Linux associated .sdn file i.e. Spotfire.Dxp.PythonServiceLinux.sdn by following the above steps. Make sure you select Operating System as Linux in the above steps while downloading Linux associated .sdn file for Python Service.
Note: Python Service should only be deployed on one OS type (either on Windows or on Linux, but not on both), within the same Spotfire Server instance. https://docs.tibco.com/products/tibco-spotfire-service-for-python-1-0-0