How to enable Python Service capability on Node Manager in Spotfire version 10.10 and later.
Each Windows node can have services with the Spotfire Web Player, Automation Services, and TERR Service capabilities. Starting from TIBCO Spotfire version 10.10, a new capability has been introduced i.e. Python Service.
Note: For Linux nodes, only the TERR & Python Service capability is currently available.
This article will explain in detail how to enable Python Service capability on the Node Manager in TIBCO Spotfire Server. To add Python Service capability on Node Manager, follow the below steps:
- Login to our product download site (https://perkinelmerinformatics.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operationsportal/downloadPackageVersions.action?lineId=TIBCO+Spotfire+Statistics+Services).
- Search for Product "TIBCO Spotfire Statistics Services" in the search box.
- Select Version
- Download file "TIB_sf-pysrv_x.x.x_win_x86_64.zip" or "TIB_sf-pysrv_1.3.6_linux24gl23_x86_64.tar.gz" depending on the operating system to download it.
- Unzip this file and you will find Python service related SDN file: Spotfire.Dxp.PythonServiceWindows.sdn
- Now you need to deploy this .sdn file under Deployment & Packages section on the Spotfire Server instance's Administration console.
- After deployment of this file, you will now have Python capability enabled while creating a new service under Node Manager.
Note: Python Service should only be deployed on one OS type (either on Windows or on Linux, but not on both), within the same Spotfire Server instance. https://docs.tibco.com/products/tibco-spotfire-service-for-python-1-0-0
Article is closed for comments.