Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
"TERR Tools" from Tools menu is not visible in TIBCO Spotfire Analyst
The "Tools" menu > "TERR Tools" dialog in the TIBCO Spotfire Analyst client provides direct access to the TIBCO® Enterprise Runtime for R (TERR) engine that is included in the TIBCO Spotfire Analyst installation on an individual user's machine. TERR Tools also provides a point-and-click user interface for downloading and installing packages from the open-source R community's Comprehensive R Archive Network (CRAN) repository. The dialog also provides a way to launch a TERR Console session or an RStudio IDE session directly from Spotfire Analyst, as mentioned here. For more information, refer to TERR Tools - Details on Package Management
This option is available in Spotfire Analyst under "Tools" menu > "TERR Tools". However, in some scenarios, certain Spotfire users may not be able to see the TERR Tools option in Spotfire Analyst client.
This article describes which Spotfire license controls the TERR Tools option in Spotfire, and other general troubleshooting steps if this option is still not visible to users after enabling that license.
The TERR Tools option in Spotfire Analyst is controlled by the "Access to Extensions" Spotfire license.
To enable the TERR Tools option for a given Spotfire user group, enable the license "Access to Extensions" for that group.
Follow these steps:
- In a Spotfire Analyst session, login to Spotfire Server using an account that has Spotfire administrator privileges
- Go to Tools > Administration Manager > Groups and Licenses
- Select the Group for which this license needs to be enabled. For example: Everyone
- Go to the 'Licenses' tab from the dialog's right pane for the selected group, and click on the 'Edit' button
- Expand the 'TIBCO Spotfire Extensions' option and enable the 'Access to Extensions' license, as shown in the below screen capture.
If they are not visible, redeploy Spotfire distribution packages and ensure end users have logged into Spotfire Server from Spotfire Analyst and accepted updates.
If you still have issues, contact TIBCO Spotfire support by creating a support ticket.