Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
Spotfire Analyst throws error during installation : "Failed to find the node '/configuration/Spotfire.Dxp/modules/folder/@path' in the file '...\Spotfire.Dxp.exe.config' "
This article explains how to resolve error which may occur while installing Spotfire Analyst :
Failed to find the node '/configuration/Spotfire.Dxp/modules/folder/@path' in the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\TIBCO\Spotfire\10.3.3\Spotfire.Dxp.exe.config'
This issue may occur if the downloaded installer for Spotfire Analyst was not extracted correctly or was corrupted.
To resolve this, uninstall any existing installation of TIBCO Spotfire Analyst (in case it got installed incorrectly) and then install the desired version of the Analyst again, using the "Run as administrator" privilege.
Clean uninstall and reinstall procedure:
1. Make sure all TIBCO Spotfire Analyst Client products are uninstalled using the Control Panel.
2. Delete any remaining files in C:\Program Files\TIBCO.
3. Delete any remaining files in C:\Program Files (x86)\TIBCO.
4. Delete any remaining files in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\TIBCO.
5. Delete any remaining shortcuts on the desktop to TIBCO Spotfire.
6. Delete any remaining start menu group for TIBCO Spotfire.
7. Start regedit and delete the “TIBCO” key (if present) in :
d. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Wow6432Node
Once this is done,
Try downloading a new Spotfire analyst from TIBCO eDelivery https://edelivery.tibco.com/storefront/eval/tibco-spotfire-analyst/prod10204.html
For Cloud users, follow steps mentioned in this link: https://docs.spotfire.cloud.tibco.com/spotfire/GUID-47891F11-FD3F-45F7-9DF6-66632827876D.html
Once you download TIBCO Spotfire Analyst, run the TIBCO Spotfire Analyst installer, using the "Run as administrator" privilege.