Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to manage custom toolbar configurations in TIBCO Spotfire Analyst client
Spotfire administrators can define custom toolbar configurations for the different users/groups of the TIBCO Spotfire Analyst. To do this, the toolbar is modified as desired, the IDs for the custom shortcuts are copied, and the IDs are saved in the preference for the desired groups. See the resolution below for detailed steps on how to do this.
Note: This feature is present only in Spotfire Analyst and not in Spotfire Desktop. Step 1: Configure the custom toolbar as desired. See KB 000042451 How to add the most used features to the TIBCO Spotfire toolbar (and remove them) for more details.
Step 2: To get the IDs for the custom toolbar shortcuts, perform the following steps:
- Right click on the toolbar and choose "Customize toolbar..." to open the flyout.
- On the right side of the flyout, click on the vertical three dot icon and choose "Copy toolbar IDs to clipboard".
Step 3: Finally, these IDs can then be used in the ToolbarShortcuts preference to define a custom toolbar configurations:
- Login to TIBCO Spotfire Analyst as an Administrator.
- Go to Tools > Administration Manager.
- Select Preferences tab.
- Select a group to which this setting should be applied. You can Select "Everyone" group if this setting is to be configured to all the users.
- Edit the Preferences.
- Select Application > Application Preferences > ToolbarShortcuts
- On the String Collection Editor, paste the IDs copied from Step 2
- Click OK
Now when the users re-open the client, the configured custom toolbars should be seen.
KB: 000042451 How to add the most used features to the TIBCO Spotfire toolbar (and remove them)