Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
TIBCO Spotfire Web Player displays a different font than what was used in the TIBCO Spotfire Analyst
Text, labels or description fields that are displayed using a certain font in the TIBCO Spotfire Analyst is not the same in Web Player.
This can happen if font that is used when the analysis is created in a TIBCO Spotfire Analyst is not installed on the TIBCO Spotfire Web Player machine(For Spotfire 7.5 & above, it is node manager machine).
On the TIBCO Spotfire Analsyt/Client machine:
- Locate the Fonts folder inside the Window directory. By default: C:\Windows\Fonts
- Within the Fonts folder, locate and copy the desired font (.ttf format).
- Copy the font file to the TIBCO Spotfire Web Player machine.
On the TIBCO Spotfire Web Player machine(For Spotfire Web Player 7.5 & above, it is node manager machine):For the Web client (Business Author/Consumer), parts of the user interface(UI) is rendered on the client side and other parts are rendered on the web player service so the font needs to be installed on both sides i.e the node manager manager machine and on the machine from where you are accessing the Web Player.
Note: 1) In the analysis file, visualization legend(s) fonts are rendered locally(Web Player browser machine), while the font in the other places is rendered on the Node manager machine.
2) Sometimes the Node manager account that is accessing the fonts doesn't have access to the installed custom fonts and due it, it doesn't show the custom font in Web Player.
3) After installing the font on the node manager machine, restart the entire machine for once. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314960