Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
After upgrade of Spotfire server, Node Manager server shows correct(upgraded) Spotfire version whereas the Web Player service/Automation service under Node Manager shows old Spotfire version.
After upgrade of Spotfire server from the previous version (for example: 7.11 to 10.0), only Node Manager server shows new upgraded version (10.0) whereas the Web player service under it shows old Spotfire version (7.11).
Refer below screenshots for example:
This issue occurs if :
1. .sdn file: "Spotfire.Dxp.sdn" file of new Spotfire version (Spotfire Analyst, Web Player and Automation Service) version is not deployed under Deployment & Packages.
2. Web Player service / Automation service has not been updated after deployment by clicking on "Update service" button against Web Player service/Automation Service. To upgrade you need to deploy and update the Web player/Automation service with the new "Spotfire.Dxp.sdn" file under Deployment & Packages.
You can download the deployment file "Spotfire.Dxp.sdn" file from TIBCO's product download site for new Spotfire version as follows:
- Login to our TIBCO Product Download site (https://edelivery.tibco.com/storefront/index.ep).
- Search for Product "TIBCO Spotfire Server" in the search box.
- Select your required Version of Spotfire server. For example : 10.0.0
- Select the Operating System as Windows.
- Select Checkbox for "I have read and accepted the TIBCO End User License Agreement ("EULA")."
- Under Installation Method select "Individual file download" option.
- Under SELECT AN INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT expand component "TIBCO Spotfire Deployment Kit Software"
- Click on file for example "TIB_sfire_deploy_10.0.0.zip" to download it.
- Extract the SDN file: "Spotfire.Dxp.sdn" available under folder "Products\TIBCO Spotfire Distribution"
- Deploy this .sdn file under Deployment & Packages on the Spotfire Server instance's Administration console. For instruction on Deploying client packages to Spotfire Server, refer to the below link-
- Update your Web Player Service/ Automation Service under Node & Services by clicking on "Update service" button against Web Player service/Automation Service. Refer below screenshot for example: