Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to show the delete-service button in order to delete a Spotfire Web Player service
Sometimes you can end up in situations where the only way forward is to fool the user interface to show the "Delete" button for the Web Player service in order to delete the service.
This description is based on Chrome using Developer Tool and starts with selecting the service you want to remove.
1. Open the Developer Tool (F12), and use the "Elements" tab
2. Using CTR-F to open the search field and enter deleteServiceConfig, you should find a html tag tss-button
3. Expanding the tss-button you should see a button which have a class ng-hide in the class property. Several classes are assigned but only remove ng-hide.
4. Editing the class property and removing this ng-hide followed by return should show the delete button
5. Click the delete button and hopefully the service delete process should start.
Please note - you are only modifying the local copy of the Admin User Interface inside you own web browser - can refresh the page at any time to get back to the usual page.
This is a way to forcefully get a button to click, to perform the delete-service action.