Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to enable TERR Service capability on Node Manager in Spotfire version 10.x.x?
Each Windows node can have services with the Spotfire Web Player capability, the Spotfire Automation Services capability, and the TERR Service capability.
For Linux nodes only the TERR Service capability is currently available.
This article will explain in detail how to enable TERR Service capability on the Node Manager in TIBCO Spotfire Server. To add TERR Service capability on Node Manager, follow the below steps:
- Login to our TIBCO Product Download site (https://edelivery.tibco.com/storefront/index.ep).
- Search for Product "TIBCO Spotfire Statistics Services" in search box.
- Select Version as 10.x.x
Note: Where 10.x.x indicates version 10.0.0 and higher. You can select version as per your requirement.
- Select Operating System as Windows.
- Select Check box for "I have read and accepted the TIBCO End User License Agreement ("EULA")."
- Under Installation Method select "Individual file download" option.
- Under SELECT AN INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT expand component "TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R - Server Edition Software (v 1.x.x)"
- Click on file "TIB_terrsrv_1.x.x_win_x86_64.zip (v 1.x.x)" to download it.
Note: Here 1.x.x indicates version 1.1.0 and higher. You can select version as per your requirement.
- Once you download above TIB_terrsrv_1.x.x_win_x86_64.zip file, unzip this file.
- Under this unzip folder, you will find TERR service related SDN file: Spotfire.Dxp.TerrServiceWindows.sdn
- Now you need to deploy this .sdn file under Deployment & Packages on the Spotfire Server instance's Administration console.
- After deployment of this file, you will now have TERR capability enabled while creating new service under Node Manager.
Note: If you want to create TERR Service on a Linux Node, you need to download and deploy the Linux associated .sdn file: Spotfire.Dxp.TerrServiceLinux.sdn by following above steps. Make sure you select Operating System as Linux in above steps while downloading Linux associated .sdn file for TERR Service.
Note: TERR Service should only be deployed on one OS type (either on Windows or on Linux, but not on both), within the same Spotfire Server instance.