Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
TIBCO Spotfire Server becomes unresponsive when retrieving data on demand for Amazon Redshift
When running information links based on Redshift data source in TIBCO Spotfire to retrieve large sets of data, the TIBCO Spotfire Server may become unresponsive and it is observed that the Amazon Redshift driver's memory consumption is high.
Normally fetch size is set on the resultset which is according to standard, but it can also be set on statements and some drivers need to have a fetch size set on the connection to behave better when retrieving large amount of data. The Amazon Redshift data source template should use the PostgresSQLRuntime instead of the standard BasicSQLRuntime.
To resolve the issue, change sql-runtime to use PostgresSQLRuntime in the data source template:
- Open TIBCO Spotfire Server UI configuration tool
- Go to Configuration tab > Data Source Templates
- Edit the data source template for your Redshift data source.
- Locate the end tag for the jdbc type setting looking like this.
- Before that end tag add <sql-runtime>com.spotfire.ws.im.ds.sql.postgresql.PostgresSQLRuntime</sql-runtime>. Result should look like:
... <sql-runtime>com.spotfire.ws.im.ds.sql.postgresql.PostgresSQLRuntime</sql-runtime> </jdbc-type-settings>
- Save the jdbc setting.
- Open and re-save the existing Redshift data sources using this template in the Information Designer for the changes to take effect (new data sources will automatically use the modified data source template).