Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
TIBCO Data Virtualization(TDV)/Advanced Data Services(ADS) Studio cannot access excel file
If you are not able to access an excel file in TDV studio then follow the steps in resolution section.
1) On the machine where TIBCO Data Virtualization(Advanced Data Services) Studio is installed, create an ODBC System DSN.
2) While selecting a database, give the fully qualified name, such as : \\<machineName\<folder>\<filename>
3) Now create a DataSource in Studio(Client) using a Microsoft Excel data source.
4) Provide the connection and DSN name which was created in the last step and then introspect the data source.
5) You will be prompted to select the worksheet. Select the worksheet(s) you want and click on Next and then Finish.
Note: 1) A detailed document (Filename: ExcelFileonNetworkShare.docx) is attached to this article for step by step guidance.
2) The above knowledge base article(KBA) will work only when the excel file is present on the TDV Server machine.
3) If the excel file is present on a network drive then make use of Microsoft Excel(Non-ODBC) data source adapter.