Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to install TIBCO Spotfire Analyst/Desktop in a different drive for 7.12 and higher versions
This article describes how you can install a Spotfire Analyst/Desktop in a different drive. This is done using a .msi file (which needs to be extracted first from the installer). This is applicable for both single-user and shared-computer installers. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Extract the .msi file (ts-setup.msi) of the installer using the following knowledge base article. Copy that file to a particular location as mentioned in the article.
2. Open the command prompt and route to the directory where the ts-setup.msi file is pasted.
3. Run the .msi file using a command such as the following:
msiexec /qb /i "ts-setup.msi" SETUPEXEDIR="%TEMP%" ALLUSERS=1 SERVERURL=YourSpotfireServerURL INSTALLDIR="D:\Spotfire\"
- SERVERURL - This specifies the standard server that Spotfire will have defined when opening the Spotfire Analyst the first time.
- ALLUSERS - If this is not set or if it is set to 0, then the program shortcuts will only be created for the account running the Installer.
- INSTALLDIR - Specify the path where you want to install the program.
- If you do not want the users to see a progress bar during the installation, then change 'qb' to 'qn'.
- The SETUPEXEDIR parameter needs to be specified for the .msi package to work correctly. It does not need to point specifically to “%TEMP%”, just where the installation account has write access to.
- While installing Desktop, remove the 'SERVERURL' parameter.
- When installing a single-user installer, remove the 'ALLUSERS' parameter.
For Spotfire 7.11 and lower versions, follow the below-mentioned article to have Spotfire Analyst/Desktop installed in a different drive.
https://support.tibco.com/s/article/Tibco-KnowledgeArticle-Article-42113 Extract *.msi file:
Install Spotfire client in different drive for 7.11 and lower versions: