Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to limit the data in TIBCO Spotfire visualization when data is sourced from TIBCO Spotfire Data Streams
With TIBCO Spotfire Data Streams, you can make your streaming data available for analysis in Spotfire. As streaming data is real time there can be extremely large data sets involved. If you want to display only the data that is live from past few minutes in Table visualization follow the steps in the Resolution section.
- Go to "Properties" of the Table Visualization.
- Select the "Data" page and scroll down and enable the check box "Limit streaming data to a time range".
- Now select the column you want to use to limit the data in the visualization. Columns containing values of the data type DateTime are available for selection. For example, a column named "transactionTime" in our use-case.
- In the "Limit to" section enter a number and a time unit for the time range. For example, if you enter number as 5 and time range as "seconds" the data table will display records in the last 5 seconds i.e records whose transactionTime is between (CurrentTime) and (CurrentTime - 5 seconds)
- To give time range by specifying the starting point and end point separately, click on "More" button.