Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
Error "Illegal Input" when creating a schedule update rule for a file in TIBCO Spotfire
While creating a schedule update rule for a .dxp file via the TIBCO Spotfire Server (see Creating scheduled updates by using Spotfire Server for more details), it might show the error "Illegal input" in the bottom right corner and the rule will not be created:
This issue can be seen in the following scenario:
- There is a rule that is using an analysis file say "abc.dxp", located under "\test\abc.dxp".
- The directory "test" is now moved from Spotfire library home to "New-Directory".
- The analysis file is now located under "New-Directory\test\abc.dxp".
- If a new rule is now created for the analysis file "abc.dxp", located under "New-Directory\test\abc.dxp", it will fail with the above error.
To resolve, either:
- Update the existing rule which references the .dxp in question instead of creating a new File rule
- Delete the existing rule first and then attempt to create the new rule again.