Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
Nodes disappear from the "Nodes & Services" page after upgrade to 7.10, 7.11, or 7.12 with an error "Something went wrong, error logged in user-interface.log with ID: xxxx"
After an upgrade of Spotfire to 7.10, 7.11, or 7.12 from Spotfire versions 7.5 to 7.9, after the Node Manager upgrade, the nodes may disappear from the "Nodes & Services" page with an error "Something went wrong, error logged in user-interface.log with ID: xxxx" as seen in the red alert box in the bottom right corner of the "Nodes & Services" page
This may occur because in Spotfire versions 7.5 to 7.9 when a service was updated we kept all the old, previously upgraded services unless and until they were manually deleted by the user. In 7.10 and higher, there is now a one step up upgrade of service which will only maintain a single version, which helps to avoid having multiple old services in the system which are no longer used since they have been replaced by a newer version.
The following will be seen in the user-interface.log after the upgrade:
2018-01-31T13:23:26,708-0500 ; ERROR ; com.spotfire.rs.tools.UI_ERRORS ; 858697ac-eb34-759b-bd2b-e9542cbb6eba: e.nodeNetwork.updatedServices[t[a].installedService.baseServiceConfig.id] is undefinedIf you are upgrading to TIBCO Spotfire Server version 7.12, to resolve upgrade to the latest mainstream version (7.13 or higher).
If you are upgrading to TIBCO Spotfire Server version 7.11, to resolve:
- Apply TIBCO Spotfire Server hotfix TSS 7.11.0 LTS HF-004 or higher
If you are upgrading to TIBCO Spotfire Server version 7.10, there are 2 options depending on if you have already upgraded already:
Option 1: If you have not already upgraded to version 7.10:
- Go to the Spotfire Server start page and log in as an administrator.
- Click Nodes & Services.
- Go through the list of services and delete the ones that have "This service has been replaced by <abcd>". This will delete all the older versions of the service. Note: in general it is recommended to delete the old service after a successful upgrade of a service.
- Proceed with the standard upgrade steps.
- Stop the Node Manager service
- Delete the folders in \nm\services (this will delete all the service installations)
- Start the Node Manager service
- Install new services