Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
TIBCO Spotfire Web Player page fails to render with "undefined" error, after applying hotfix TS 6.5.3 HF-019 or TS 7.0.1 HF-010.
When trying to access the TIBCO Spotfire Web Player, an "undefined" error is displayed in the browser and the Web player library is not displayed. This may affect only some users and browser instances. The "Recent analyses" page may render correctly but the "Browse library" page will fail. This will likely be seen after applying Spotfire client hotfix TS 6.5.3 HF-019 or TS 7.0.1 HF-010.
See the attached image (Filename: KB46655_undefined_error.png) for an example browser error.
- KB46655 undefined error.png
This will likely be seen after applying TS 6.5.3 HF-019 or TS 7.0.1 HF-010.
In the Spotfire.Dxp.Web.log the following error is seen:
==============================DEBUG 2016-02-09 11:37:11,281 [2300, 13, (null)] Spotfire.Dxp.Web.Services.LibraryServiceHandler - GetFolderInfoObject for "67a4caff-00b9-4086-8326-7933f20b652c".
ERROR 2016-02-09 11:37:11,781 [2300, 13, (null)] Spotfire.Dxp.Web.Forms.Error - ClientError: undefined
With Spotfire client hotfixes TS 6.5.3 HF-019 and TS 7.0.1 HF-010, a defect prevents the Web Player from displaying correctly when invalid cookie values are present. For example, multiple instances of the "startPageFolderId" cookie might exists (which controls the default folder to be displayed when a user chooses to browse the library in the Web Player):
Whereas only the cookie without quotes should be seen:
Apply a later hotfix
- TS 6.5.3 HF-020
- TS 7.0.1 HF-010
Manually remove all cookies from the local client browser. The following are instructions for removing cookies for each browser.Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, point to Safety, and then click Delete browsing history.
- Select the Cookies check box and then click Delete.
- Go to "Tools Menu".
- Click on "Options".
- Click on 'Under the Hood'
- Under the Privacy section select "Show Cookies".
- A new window should open named "Cookies". Here you can see all the cookies within your Google Chrome Browser.
- Click on "Remove All" to remove all traces of cookies.
- Click the menu button, choose History, and then Clear Recent History.
- Set Time range to clear to Everything.
- Click on the arrow next to Details to expand the list of history items.
- Select Cookies and make sure that other items you want to keep are not selected.
- Click "Clear Now" to clear the cookies and close the Clear Recent History window.