Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to Enable TRACE Logging on TIBCO Spotfire Installed Client When the Application Will Not Start Correctly
The purpose of the document is to outline the steps necessary to enable TRACE logging on the TIBCO Spotfire Installed Client. This is used for when you have an issue on the TIBCO Spotfire Installed Client and need to send more detailed information to TIBCO Spotfire Support.
High Level Process
Here are the high-level steps to enable TRACE level logging in your Spotfire installed client:
- Locate your Spotfire Installed Client Settings folder.
- Copy the attached (Filename: log4net.config) file into the Settings folder.
- Start Spotfire client and verify.
- Reproduce your issue and gather the logs.
Step 1: Locate your TIBCO Spotfire Installed Client Settings folder.
On Windows 7 and 10, the TIBCO Spotfire Installed Client Settings folder is located in your Windows user profiles’ AppData folder. This is a hidden folder so you will probably have to enable the “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” Folder Option.
- Open the “Folder Options” Control Panel.
- Click on the View tab. In the Advanced Settings section, select the radio button that says “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” and click OK.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your home directory:
- You should now see the AppData directory. Note: The folder icon will look slightly faded. This indicates that it is normally a hidden folder.
- Navigate into the AppData\Local\TIBCO\Spotfire\7.10\Settings folder. Example: C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Local\TIBCO\Spotfire\7.10\Settings
Copy the attached (Filename: log4net.config) file from this ZIP archive into the Settings folder you located above in Step #1.
Step 3: Start TIBCO Spotfire Client and verify.
- Start the TIBCO Spotfire client and login.
- Click on Help > Support Diagnostics and Logging > Logging tab
If done correctly you should see that the Logging section of the Support Diagnostics and Logging window is greyed out and a new section was added at the bottom.