Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
Log file not logging for the Application and Viewer Services.
There are cases when nothing is written to the logs file for Spotfire Metrics. The default location and file name for the Application Services is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Application Service\WebService and for the Viewer Services it is C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Viewer Service\Spotfire.m.Viewer.log.
One of the possible causes for this issue is that Identity running the Metrics Application and Viewer Services in the Application Pool does not have permissions to access/write to those folders. Verify that the Identity running the Application Pool for the Application Services and Viewer Services has permissions to write to the folder.
1. Open IIS Manager.
2. In the Connections Panel, expand and click on "Application Pools".
3. Select "TIBCO Spotfire Metrics Application Service" then right click to "Advanced Settings...".
4. Under the Process Model, note the "Identity". The default is generally NetworkService. Click OK.
5. Open Windows Explorer.
6. Navigate to "C:\inetpub\wwwroot", the default location of the Metrics installation.
7. Select "Application Service" and right click to Properties.
8. Click on the "Security" tab.
9. Verify the App Pool "Identity" is there and that the the user has read and write permissions. If not, click on Edit, Add. Find the user name and give write and read permissions by checking "Allow".
10. Do the same for the Viewer Service as needed.