Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to configure sites with different authentication methods using configuration overrides
Let's assume the following setup:
1. Site_one - Basic authentication
2. Site_two - External authentication
In order to disable external authentication on Site_one, one may have to make the configuration as close as possible to the end result i.e. configure one site with basic and another with external authentication. The site with basic authentication will still have external authentication enabled that need to be disabled in order for all sites to operate.
To make a manual override.
1. Make a configuration as close as possible to the end result
2. Use configuration tool to export the configuration to disk.
3. Open the configuration xml file in a text editor
4. Add the override, example:
... <external-auth> <enabled>true</enabled> <enabled site="nameofsite" operation="override">false</enabled> ...
This example has external authentication enabled an all sites except for site with name "nameofsite".
5. Import the configuration to the database again and restart all server.
This type of configuration override is possible for more settings than just the one in the example.