Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
"Refresh Data" button is greyed out in Data Table Properties although the data table is set to use linked data
In Spotfire Analyst, when going to Edit > Data Table Properties, it is not possible to click the button Refresh Data for one or more data tables. It might be greyed out, even though the Store data setting in Data Table Properties is set to Linked.
One situation when this will be the case is when the Data Loading setting for the source data has been set to Stored.
To change the Data Loading setting to load new data (linked), and enable the Refresh Data button:
- Show the Data panel (View > Data)
- Click the Expand data panel for tools and details button
- In the Data table view, click Source view
- Click on the node of interest in the graphical view, and click on the lower part of the node, showing the Data loading icon.
- Change Data loading to be "Always new data" or "New data when possible".
Read more about Embedded and Linked data in the User's Guide.