Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to configure scale display of Metric/Imperial/Miles(Distance Units) in Spotfire Map Visualization
In Map Chart Properties, we have an option of showing the scale which gets displayed on the bottom left-hand side of the map chart visualization. This article shows how to set different type of distance units.
For Individual Spotfire Analyst User:
1) Login into Spotfire Analyst >> Tools Menu >> Options.
2) Click on "Map Chart" and scroll down to bottom(from the right scroll).
3) Select Distance Units = "Metric" or any other as per your requirement and relaunch Spotfire Analyst.
4) Load the sample analysis file inside Spotfire Analyst and test the behavior.
For Setting up for User/Group Level:
1) Login into Spotfire Analyst >> Tools Menu >> Administration Manager >> Preferences.
2) Select the desired group or everyone group and then click on the 'Edit' button.
3) Expand(+) the 'Map Chart' >> select-'MapChartPreferences'.
4) In the 'Distance Units' option >> Select the desired value like Metric.
Note: Nautical Miles distance unit option has been added from Spotfire 7.9 onward.