Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
IBM DB2 Data Connector still unavailable in TIBCO Spotfire installed client after installing IBM DB2 ODBC driver
It may happen that even after installing the correct version of IBM DB2 driver and also assigning the connector specific licenses to the Spotfire user, the IBM DB2 data connector option (visible from File > Add Data Tables) is still disabled (greyed out/grayed out). In this case you need to configure IBM DB2 ODBC driver by making the following registry changes in order to make the option enable in Spotfire.
Follow the below steps on the machine where the IBM DB2 driver is installed:
1) Go to Registry Editor (type "regedit" in Windows + RUN)
2) Go to this path " [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\".
3) Within the folder ODBC Drivers, edit the IBM DB2 ODBC Driver Name to "IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER" (see image attached). This will allow the Spotfire connector to find the driver.
Depending on Windows version you may need to go also to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers] and edit the IBM DB2 ODBC Driver Name to "IBM DB2 ODBC DRIVER"
4) Restart the TIBCO Spotfire installed client.
Disclaimer: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious, system-wide problems that may require you to re-install Windows to correct them. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use this tool at your own risk.
Before you edit the registry, you should make a backup (i.e.backup the current settings):
1) Open the Registry editor.
2) On the 'Registry' drop-down menu, click 'Export Registry File'.
3) In the Export range panel, click 'All', then save your registry as Backup.