Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to force execution of TERR Data function on TIBCO Spotfire Statistics Services server by overriding ‘Use Locally-installed TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R engine’ option
We can force any TERR data function to execute on the external TIBCO Spotfire Statistics Services (TSSS) server by overriding the 'Use Locally-installed TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R engine' option. By default, the locally installed TERR engine option is enabled on every TIBCO Spotfire installed client instance. There are scenarios where all users should be forced to always execute the TERR data function on the remote TSSS server instead of using the local TERR engine
Each TERR data function has a parameter named "Run Location". If that is set to "Force Server", that data function will send its TERR script and data to the TSSS server. This "Run Location" parameter overrides the "Use Local TERR" global client option.
1) In the TIBCO Spotfire installed client, go to Edit > Data Function Properties
2) Select your existing data function which will be forced to execute on the external TSSS server and click the 'Edit Parameters'
- In ‘Edit Parameters’ dialog there is a drop down called ‘Run Location’ with values as - 'Default' , 'Force Local' ,'Force Server'. (See attached screen shot)
3) Select ‘Force Server’ from drop down and click ‘Ok’ button.
4) Now all users are forced to execute that data function on the external TSSS server.
Note: This requires that there is a valid URL for a TSSS server with TERR engine configured in the preferences for any user of the report. Instructions to configure this URL are described here:
- How to Use Data Functions > To change the address to Spotfire Statistics Services
- Link: https://docs.tibco.com/pub/sfire-analyst/7.11.1/doc/html/en-US/TIB_sfire-analyst_UsersGuide/df/df_how_to_use_data_functions.htm
Below is a description of each "Run Location" option mentioned above.
- Default = Use whatever the "Use Local TERR Engine" checkbox is set to.
- Force Local = Ignore the checkbox and run it using the Local TERR engine, if it is available.
- Force Server = Ignore the checkbox and run it using TSSS, if it is available.
Doc: How to Use Data Functions > To change the address to Spotfire Statistics Services