Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to update Java version used with S+ 8.2?
S+ 8.2 ships with an older version of Java. Some users may want to update this to a more recent version.
Steps involved in upgrading the Java version used with S+:
1) Rename SHOME\java\jre to SHOME\java\jre-orig, where SHOME is normally C:\Program Files (x86)\TIBCO\splus82 (32-bit) or C:\Program Files\TIBCO\splus82 (64-bit)
2) Find the installed copy of the Sun/Oracle Java Runtime Environment (JRE), making sure that the bitness matches your installation of S+.
For Windows, this would be installed in a location similar to:
32-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7
64-bit: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7
For Linux/Unix, the location would be:
3) Copy the entire jre7 folder under SHOME\java (so in SHOME\java you will now have both jre7 and jre-orig).
4) Rename SHOME\java\jre7 to SHOME\java\jre.
5) Copy all of the .jar files from SHOME\java\jre-orig\lib\ext into SHOME\java\jre\lib\ext, making sure *NOT* to replace any duplicate files. (i.e. copy only the ones that aren’t already present, leave the ones that were shipped with the new Java 7 JRE).
6) (optional) Remove the old SHOME\java\jre-orig.
You can verify the version of Java is correct by running the following command in S+ (after loading library(winjava)):
.JavaMethod("java/lang/System", "getProperty", "(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;", "java.version")