Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to monitor pruner thread for action log.
How to check if a pruner thread for action logging is running. Generally TIBCO Spotfire Server does not log/have any events on a pruner thread for action logging. You may be unable to know its status (running/not running). Set up JMX monitoring using JConsole on TIBCO Spotfire Server as per the following procedure:
- Run the config-jmx command: config config-jmx --enabled=true
- Import the configuration: config import-config --comment=”Enabling JMX” configuration.xml
- Provide the configuration tool password.
- Create a JMX user: config create-jmx-user --username=MyJMXUser
- Provide the MyJMXUser password.
- Provide the configuration tool password to write the user and password to database.
- Restart TIBCO Spotfire Server.
- Launch the JConsole application located in "\\Spotfire_Server_Install_dir\x.x.x\jdk\bin\jconsole.exe".
Note: JDK Tools such as JConsole, JVisulavm and jstat are not available in Spotfire server 7.0 and later. So to use JConsole in Spotfire server 7.0 and later, refer KB article : https://support.tibco.com/s/article/Tibco-KnowledgeArticle-Article-44379
- In the JConsole New Connection dialog, select Remote Process. Enter the <hostname>:1099, and provide the JMX user name and password.
- To view the running action log pruner thread, see the Threads tab in JMX console as shown in the attached (Filename: Pruner_Thread_screenshot.JPG) screenshot. Refer to Spotfire server manual link for config-jmx command: