Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
Databases - Oracle 12c Stored Procedure Installation
Oracle 12c Stored Procedure Installation
Installing Spotfire Data Science Stored Procedures in an Oracle 12c Database on Linux
Follow the steps below to install Spotfire Data Science stored procedures within an Oracle 12c Database on a Linux server.
Note: These setup instructions assume that an Oracle database is already installed and running.
- Copy Spotfire Data Science Oracle setup folder (setup/Oracle) to Oracle database host.
- The Oracle database administrator must possess the ownership of the setup directory and all the content in it.
- Issue the chown command as root user to reassign the ownership if necessary. For example:
chown -R oracle:oinstall /home/oracle/alpine_miner/setup/Oracle
- Login to the system as Oracle database administrator (e.g. oracle) on the Oracle database host.
- Change to the setup/Oracle directory
chmod 777 alpine_miner_setup_oracle_linux.sh
- run command:
- Then input the requested Oracle database server information.
If the script fails complaining about the the user credentials, run a command like this and specify your own parameters:
/oracle/product/12.1.0/db_1/bin/sqlplus SYS/oracle@oracle12c:1521/orcl AS SYSDBA < alpine_miner_setup_oracle.sql; # where "SYS/oracle" is the username/password; "oracle12c" is the hostname of the Oracle server; 1521 is the port number; "orcl" is the database name.