Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to manually set logging level when Spotfire Server or Node Manager is not starting up
In this article we will describe how to change logging level to Debug through configuration files, when Node Manager or Spotfire Server is not starting up.
Note: Applies to version 7.9 or higher. For versions 7.8 or lower, see article 000021476. 1. On the computer that is hosting the server or node whose logging level you want to change, navigate to the directory that contains the logging templates.
For a Spotfire Server, the default location is server installation "dir\tomcat\spotfire-config".
For a node manager, the default location is node manager installation "dir\nm\config\log-config".
2. If the directory already contains a "logging-levels.properties" file, delete it.
3. Make a copy of the logging template that you want to apply to the server or node, and name the copy "logging-levels.properties".
The available templates are "logging-debug.properties", "logging-minimal.properties", and "logging-trace.properties".
4. Open the logging-levels.properties file in a text editor or an XML editor.
5. In the logging-levels.properties file, add the following line of code to the top of the file, replacing template name with the name of the template file that you copied:
6. Save and close the logging-levels.properties file.
7. Restart the Spotfire Server service or the Spotfire Node Manager service for the changes to take effect. https://docs.tibco.com/pub/spotfire_server/7.10.0/doc/html/TIB_sfire_server_tsas_admin_help/GUID-3B268F11-6457-445C-8C21-7A21F648F2AC.html