Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
Not able to connect to Cloudera Hive: Error from Hive: connect() failed: errno = 10061.
When trying to connect to Cloudera Hive using TIBCO Spotfire Connector for Cloudera Hive, it fails to connect with the following error in the debug logfiles:
2016-01-18 14:37:49,886  DEBUG Spotfire.Dxp.Data.Adapters.ClouderaHive.ClouderaHiveAdapterConnection [(null)] - Failed to connect.
System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException (0x80131937): ERROR [HY000] [Cloudera][HiveODBC] (34) Error from Hive: connect() failed: errno = 10061.
ERROR [HY000] [Cloudera][HiveODBC] (34) Error from Hive: connect() failed: errno = 10061.
Possible causes can be one or several of the following:
- The Hive Server is not running.
- Incorrect port is used, or not defined in the connection if other than default.
- Networking issues.
- Antivirus or Firewall blocking the connection.
If this issue occurs, the following troubleshooting steps are recommended:- Ensure that the latest version of the connector is used.
- Ensure that the correct drivers are installed. Refer to the system requirements.
- That the server is running the correct Hive Server (Hive Server vs Hive Server 2).
- Restart the Hive server.
- Add exceptions in the firewall or antivirus software to allow traffic from and to the Hive server.
- Contact the database administrator and Hive vendor support to ensure that things are working as expected.
- If it still does not work after this, but works using other clients that use the same driver, we recommend opening a support case.