Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to setup X.509 Certificate for Automation Services "Set Data Source Credentials" Task.
If the X.509 Certificate is not setup correctly, the "Set Data Source Credentials" task will fail with the following error.
"System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Unable to retrieve the decryption key"
Steps to make sure that the certificate is installed correctly.
Install the certificate using Internet Explorer. For exact instructions on how to do this, see the documentation from the respective certificate issuer or issuing software.
You must also make sure that the account running the Node Manager Service, default NETWORK SERVICE, has the right to access and read the certificate.
Changing the access rights on Windows Server is done using the Microsoft Management Console. Follow the following steps:
1. Make sure you have installed the certificate properly.
2. Start the Microsoft Management Console.
3. Add the Certificates snap-in for the Local Computer.
4. Select Certificates (Local Computer) > Personal > Certificates.
5. Right-click the installed impersonation user certificate and select All Tasks > Manage Private Keys.
6. Click Add.
7. Locate and select the account NETWORK SERVICE or the Node Manager Service Account.
8. Grant the NETWORK SERVICE or the Node Manager service account Read permissions.
9. Click OK.
You need to make sure that this certificate is installed on the Node Manager instance with Automation service and also the Client machine which will execute the Job Task.