Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
Unable to copy and paste into a Text Area within Spotfire.
You have created a text area in your Spotfire analysis. You are able to type text into the text area and you can add filters to it (for example), but you cannot paste copied text from the Clipboard into the Spotfire text area.
The reason you are not able to Pasted into Spotfire is because Spotfire uses functionality from Internet Explorer for this paste-from-Clipboard task. Therefore, Internet Explorer needs to be installed and configured.
Check the System Requirements and confirm you are on a supported version of Internet Explorer:
Once you have confirmed your Internet Explorer version, do the following within Internet Explorer:
1. Open "Tools > Internet Options", then select the Security tab.
2. Select "Local intranet" and click on "Custom level".
3. Scroll down to "Scripting" > "Allow Programmatic clipboard access" and see which value it has. If it is disabled, enable it.
4. Do the same for "Trusted sites" and "Restricted sites".
5. Select "Trusted sites", click on "Sites", and copy the list of Websites.
6. Do the same for "Restricted sites".