Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
How to monitor pruner thread for action log.
Product: TIBCO Spotfire Server
Version: 5.5 and later
OS: All Supported Operating Systems
How to check if a pruner thread for action logging is running. Generally TIBCO Spotfire Server does not log/have any events on a pruner thread for action logging. You may be unable to know its status (running/not running).
Set up JMX monitoring using JConsole on TIBCO Spotfire Server per the following procedure:
1. Run the config-jmx command: config config-jmx --enabled=true
2. Import the configuration: config import-config --comment=”Enabling JMX” configuration.xml
3. Provide the configuration tool password.
4. Create a JMX user: config create-jmx-user --username=MyJMXUser
5. Provide the MyJMXUser password.
6. Provide the configuration tool password to write the user and password to database.
7. Restart TIBCO Spotfire Server.
8. Launch the JConsole application located "\\Spotfire_Server_Install_dir\x.x.x\jdk\bin\jconsole.exe"
9. In the JConsole New Connection dialog, select Remote Process. Enter the :1099, and provide the JMX user name and password.
10. To view the running action log pruner thread, see the Threads tab in JMX console