Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
A user is unable to open a .xml file named as CustomQueries.xml located in a folder http://localhost/spotfire/cbis/ in their Spotfire server. They are getting this error: HTTP Status 403 – Access is denied.
1. Locate security-filter.xml file under “\tomcat\webapps\spotfire\WEB-INF”.
2. Backup a copy of security-filter.xml file before modifying it.
3. Under the section, add an entry called “/cbis/*”. It’s essentially exposing everything under cbis folder.
4. Save security-filter.xml.
5. Restart spotfire server.
6. Test http://spotfireserver/spotfire/cbis/CustomQueries.xml to see if the content can show up.
7. If it does, rerun the Custom Panel extension to see if it still throws any error message.
Article is closed for comments.