Product: TIBCO Spotfire®
A user is unable to open a .xml file named as CustomQueries.xml located in a folder http://localhost/spotfire/cbis/ in their Spotfire server. They are getting this error: HTTP Status 403 – Access is denied.
1. Locate security-filter.xml file under “\tomcat\webapps\spotfire\WEB-INF”.
2. Backup a copy of security-filter.xml file before modifying it.
3. Under the section, add an entry called “/cbis/*”. It’s essentially exposing everything under cbis folder.
4. Save security-filter.xml.
5. Restart spotfire server.
6. Test http://spotfireserver/spotfire/cbis/CustomQueries.xml to see if the content can show up.
7. If it does, rerun the Custom Panel extension to see if it still throws any error message.